Ministry of Culture Named 12 Priority Areas for Funding
The Minister of Culture, Sports and Youth named the priority areas in the field of culture, which will be funded by the Ministry within the framework of the "Culture Promotion Program".
Tea Tsulukiani held a briefing on this issue at the agency. The Minister noted that the Ministry has identified 12 priority areas, which are:
1. Promotion of Georgian books and literature;
2. Promoting the development of Georgian theater and theatrical art;
3. Promoting the development of Georgian professional music art;
4. Promotion of Georgian cinema;
5. Promoting the development of fine and contemporary art;
6. Promoting art education;
7. Promotion of Georgian folklore;
8. Access to culture;
9. Important cultural and festival events;
10. Innovative and free projects;
11. Promoting research activities;
12. Reduce the damage caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Ministry will start accepting applications for funding for priority groups from today. At the end of the briefing, the Minister noted that all the listed projects will be funded by the Ministry in 90% and more cases and the promotion will be implemented through a competition.