Exports of Georgian Sparkling Wine Exceeded Pre-pandemic Mark
Exports of sparkling wine have surpassed the pre-pandemic mark. In particular, according to Geostat, in January-September of this year, Georgia exported $ 3.003 million worth of products abroad, in the first 9 months of 2020 - $ 1.897 million, and in the same reporting period of 2019 - $ 2.141 million.
Here are the top 10 countries where Georgia exported its sparkling wine in January-September 2021:
- Ukraine - $ 1.038 million
- Singapore - $ 536 thousand
- Russia - $ 353.8 thousand
- Netherlands - $ 286.5 thousand
- United Kingdom -$ 218.8 thousand
- Kyrgyzstan - $ 120.3 thousand
- Belarus - $ 93.6 thousand
- Azerbaijan -$ 57.6 thousand
- China -$ 54.9 thousand
- Turkmenistan - $50.6 thousand
The sales of champagne in the world market are characterized by an upward trend. According to CNBC Winemakers General Syndicate, the gradual opening of global markets will increase champagne sales worldwide to 305 million bottles this year. In 2017, that figure was 307 million bottles.
The London-based company IWSR expects global champagne volume to grow by about 4% this year and maintain similar annual growth until 2025.