Shida Kartli Unveils Awardees of Innovative Regional Grant Program
Shida Kartli has announced the successful projects of the Georgian Innovation and Technology Agency's "Innovation Grants up to GEL 25,000 for Regions." Of the seven lauded initiatives, four will be endowed by GITA, while the remaining three will benefit from USAID's robust Strong Village Program.
Distinguished Projects Include:
- Strive: A digital platform connecting competitive gamers with skilled mentors, enabling mentorship and skill monetization.
- Dreamy: A dream-sharing network employing AI to visualize, interpret, and share dream experiences.
- Maskotopia: An endeavor to craft AI-driven animated mascots, enhancing animator experiences at events.
- BAZI: A mobile, AI-powered acoustic system designed to optimize plant pollination quality and predict plant health.
- Kiddos: A convenient C2C platform allowing parents to resell unused children's items.
- Digital Market: An online gateway for local farmers and businesspersons to market their produce digitally.
- Interactive STEAM book: A proposed publishing venture focused on producing interactive STEAM educational books for children above ten, elucidating various scientific concepts.
The regional grant initiative aims to bolster the local innovative and tech-oriented environment in Georgia, propelling the genesis and monetization of tech-based startups.
In collaboration with USAID's Strong Village Program, grant recipients from Mtskheta-Mtianeti and Shida Kartli will be privileged with extra resources for project fruition. This alliance with the Georgia Innovation and Technology Agency spans three distinct avenues: pre-acceleration programs, technological events, and regional grant initiatives, all designed to foster local entrepreneurial growth and regional socio-economic empowerment.
Furthermore, individuals and entities from Samtskhe-Javakheti, Mtskheta-Mtianeti, and Shida Kartli had been open to application submissions via www.grants.gov.ge since September 4. All grant proposals underwent meticulous evaluation by a commission of specialists. Those shortlisted embarked on a comprehensive training module, which encompassed market analysis, entry strategy, and the intricacies of "pitching." It's noteworthy that the grant cap is set at 25,000 GEL.