Online Hackathon of Creative Industries to Hold on May 1-3
Fabrika, as a member of Trans Europe Halles, holds international online hackathon for creative industries.
"If you don't have any digital technology background whatsoever, don't worry, because the event does not require the previous technical experience. All you need is a proactive interest to work on new solutions and devote 48 hours to learn and work on projects together with other creative professionals from different cultural backgrounds and industries. During two days, participants will learn, build & share their creations over the course of a weekend with the help of experienced mentors and industry experts. Participants will divide into teams and work on their own projects - or join projects proposed by others.", is written in the description of the event.
Workshops will be led by:
● Alex Antolino (Spain), Creative Director of Typeform;
● Birgitta Persson (Sweden),COO of Point of Value, and director of Olivearte Cultural Agency;
● Sebastien Toupy (Netherlands), Head of startup relations at The Next Web;
● Līna Marta Sarma (Latvia), computer scientist, a veteran of Hackathon and former executive director of TechHub Riga;
● Egita Poļanska (Latvia), manager at Startup Wise Guys;
● Edgars Zvirgzdiņš (Latvia) founder of Associates, Partners et Sons; specialist of branding, product and graphic design.
Creative and Cultural Industries hackathon is organized by the Northern Dimension Partnership on Culture (NDPC) and supported by the Latvian Ministry of Culture, Embassy of Sweden in Riga, Nordic Council of Ministers' Office in Latvia in cooperation with Latvian Centre for Contemporary Art and Trans Europe Halles network.
NDPC focuses on improving operational conditions for cultural and creative industries, bridging the gap between various sources of funding, sectors of activity, and strengthening cooperation between project owners, business communities, the public sector, and international institutions throughout the Northern Dimension. Read more about us: www.ndpculture.org
The workshops will be held on English.