Mies van der Rohe Award 2019 in Fabrika This Friday
● Ivan Blasi, curator of awards and programs at the Mies van der Rohe Foundation will share his experience, discuss the work of the foundation and the EU Prize for Contemporary Architecture - Mies van der Rohe Award.
● One of the co-authors of the 2019 winning project Frédéric Druot and nominated Georgian architectural offices will join the discussion about the importance of the award and the participation of the Georgian and international nominees.
● The Fundació Mies van der Rohe was set up in 1983 by the Barcelona City Hall, and since then fosters debate on and awareness of themes related to contemporary architecture and urban planning, as well as encouraging studies on the work of Ludwig Mies van der Rohe. In accordance with these objectives, the Fundació organizes European Union Prize for Contemporary Architecture – Mies van der Rohe Award a biannual prize that has the main purpose of recognizing and rewarding the quality of architectural production in Europe. Georgian architectural projects were also nominated for this award.
● The event is supported by TBC Status, Enterprise Georgia, Fabrika, Artarea/Tv2.0
● Tbilisi Architecture Biennial is Co-funded by the Creative Europe, Creative Europe Georgia