Welcome to Georgia! Joint News Conference by National Tourism Award and Bank of Georgia
The 14th of June, 2019 – As part of the National Tourism Award, Radisson BLU Iveria hotel hosted the 4th conference of Tourism and Hospitality – Welcome to Georgia!
The news conference will be dedicated to the 4th conference of Tourism and Hospitality that will be held on June 18. The news conference organizers also introduced a report on the project results and announced new nominations for the ceremony of the 5th jubilee year.
The news conference was attended by:
- Marina Chaika – founder of the Welcome to Georgia! Project (National Tourism Award);
- Zurab Masurashvili – head of the Bank of Georgia department for small and medium business;
- Medea Janiashvili – deputy head of the national tourism administration;
- Nino Maghradze – deputy head of Tbilisi City Hall municipal office for economic development;
- Maia Khachidze – BDO partner; head of the corporate finances;
- Nino Kvariani – head of the Partnership Fund’s PR office.
The news conference organizers pointed out how important the Welcome to Georgia project is for Georgia and that this project promotes tourism sector development, incentivizes the sector representatives and grows the tourist inflows.
The event organizers talked about how important similar events are. More than 400 representatives of the public and private sectors will attend the 4th conference, as well as international and domestic experts and reporters.
Moreover, Marina Chaika, founder of the Welcome to Georgia! National tourism award project voiced a part of the new nominations of 2019:
- The Best Airline Company
- The Best Outbound Tour Operator
- The Best Niche Tourism
- The Best Small Winery Award
- The Best Weekend Hotel Award
- The Best Newcomer Hotel
- H2Otel Water Saving Award;
- Traveling Responsibility Award;
- Best Destination Award;
- Best Traditional Craft Award;
- Best Rural Tourism Award;
The project is being held for the fifth time and it is organized by National Tourism Administration of Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development. Official support is provided by: Tbilisi City Hall and Partnership Fund. For the fourth time the project is co-organized by Bank of Georgia. BDO Georgia is an independent auditor of the award!