Batumi Hosts Inaugural "Gastro Batumi" International Gastronomic Forum
From December 3rd to 5th, Batumi became the epicenter of culinary arts with the first-ever international gastronomic forum in Georgia, "Gastro Batumi."
The landmark event was orchestrated by the Adjara Tourism Department in collaboration with renowned food blogger and gastronomic consultant Keti Kvichidze, and celebrated ambassador of Georgian gastronomy, Daduna Ghlonti. The forum aimed to spur the growth of gastronomic tourism in the Ajara region and across Georgia, showcasing traditional cuisines within restaurant networks.
An impressive roster of culinary figures attended the forum, including:
- Stefan Jakic, an international chef-instructor and professor at the prestigious FERRANDI Paris school, specializing in gastronomy and tourism.
- Roland Debuste, a distinguished chef and gastronomic consultant, former owner of the 1* Michelin-rated Bistro R, past executive chef-consultant at the European Parliament, ex-vice-president of the French Culinary Academy (2015-2019), and Bocuse d'Or Competition silver medalist in 1997.
- Artur Linkevich, a celebrated Latvian chef known for his tenure in Michelin-starred establishments.
- Nicolas Kaliadi, FERRANDI Paris School's International Department Development Manager.
- Ilham Nai from Turkey, the executive chef at PALOMA finesse hotels.
Georgia's own culinary talents were well represented with chef and restaurateur Guram Bagdoshvili, gastronomic researcher and expert Dalila Tsatava, and restaurateur and chef Giorgi Ninua, who also took on the role of the forum's moderator.
"Gastro Batumi" has set a precedent as a significant platform for culinary exchange and tourism development, further positioning Georgia as a burgeoning gastronomic destination.