GITA Revealed the Winners of 30,000 and 100,000 GEL Grant Programs from the Regions
The GITA grant program winners are known within the framework of the pilot region integrated development program.
The winners of the 30,000 GEL and 100,000 GEL grant programs of the Georgian Innovation and Technology Agency were identified in the Racha-Lechkhumi-Kvemo Svaneti and Imereti regions. The program is implemented in four regions of Georgia (Imereti, Kakheti, Guria, Racha-Lechkhumi - Kvemo Svaneti) within the framework of the "2020-2022 Pilot Regions Integrated Development Program" funded by the European Union.
Winners of the 30,000 GEL grant competition, projects in Racha-Lechkhumi and Kvemo Svaneti are:
- Zarbazani - in the village of Chrebalo, Ambrolauri municipality, production of premium quality cosmetics from Georgian wine and natural ingredients. The idea of "Zarbazani" is to add additional weight to Georgian wine and to produce a diverse assortment of Khvanchkara and other types of wine cosmetics, including those made from grape seeds.
- "Smart Reservoir" of wine - automation of wine production process from Ambrolauri Municipality with the help of innovative wine refrigerator-reservoirs. From pressing to the end of fermentation, human intervention in this process will be minimal, so as not to introduce bacteria into the wine by touching it with contaminated hands or through contaminated mixing equipment.
- Bgera - a web platform from Abari village of Ambrolauri municipality, which will serve children with speech disorders. On the platform, users will be able to undergo diagnostics and receive a customized program and innovative methods, which include specially designed speech therapy games and fun exercises. The web platform converts the voice messages sent by the user into a single database, and the algorithm will determine what kind of speech disorder the user has.
- Tishi - centralized platform From Ambrolauri, which includes many startup brands and provides manufacturing and distribution of garments from Racha region, according to the designs of specific brands. As a result, customers will have the opportunity to create their own brand and will also be able to sell their own products and make them locally at the factory in Racha.
Winning projects in the 100,000 GEL grant competition in Racha-Lechkhumi and Kvemo Svaneti:
- Vault Wine - a regional project of a digital cooperative franchise of wine producers in the Racha region, an online wine sales platform for farmers, which involves the implementation of the VAULT traceability system for winemakers, the generation of a product passport, the labeling of unique non-falsified holograms on wine and the sale of e-commerce under the VAULT Wines brand.
Winners of the 30,000 GEL grant competition projects in Imereti:
- Grape and blueberry wine - the creation of a new type of wine in Tskaltubo municipality - berry wine, namely blueberry, (red grape and blueberry bouquet) as well as naturally refined blueberry wine, a joint product of grapes and blueberries in the form of wine; the idea of the project is to create a new product, a new innovative wine direction.
- Otia Ezo craft beer - craft beer production in Tskaltubo, with an innovative method, through fermentation of beer with wild yeasts extracted from wine lees, which adds special taste qualities to the product and impresses the consumer. In addition, the first online craft beer school will be created, which will allow anyone to master this field and start their own business.
Winning projects in the 100,000 GEL grant competition in Imereti:
- ge - creating a budget system for small hotels, hostels, real estate rental people and companies, which will combine software tools for management and tools for remote control of hardware devices - electronic locks, video cameras, smoke detectors, electrical energy, lighting and other systems, which reduces management, security and remote management costs by 3 times.
- GeoComm – Community Management Service Platform from Kutaisi, whose goal is to export technical support & community management services in digital channels by employing English-speaking young people in the regions of Georgia, on the one hand, for companies that find it expensive to hire staff from the local market, and also for young people living in the region who do not have easy employment opportunities in international companies.
- FireSand - a project based on chemical engineering and nanotechnology in Kutaisi, with the goal of producing an innovative fire starter tablet for hikers, travelers, campers, and barbecue enthusiasts. The product consists of only natural substances, is safe for both humans and the environment is waterproof, and does not prevent ignition of fire when wet.
- ClickVet - startup იn Kutaisi - a platform based on cloud technologies that improves the Georgian veterinary industry in a simple and affordable way and helps veterinarians and farmers to automate and digitize their daily operations. The project is intended for those who want to spend fewer resources on daily operations by simplifying and automating processes, improving the quality of veterinary healthcare and customer communication, and, as a result, developing their business.
- MiVino - an innovative concept in winemaking, the goal of which is to produce the first Georgian canned wine in Bagdat, for music festivals, hiking, swimming pools, camping and other outdoor activities, as well as for bars, clubs and other destinations where traditional packaging, along with the necessary accessories, make it inconvenient to enjoy wine.
In accordance with the unified regional development policy and the latest approaches to territorial planning of the European Union, the goal of the program is to develop the regional entrepreneurial innovation ecosystem, stimulate the creation of innovative enterprises and include them in the country's economy.