Impact Hub Revealed Finalist Teams for Social Impact Award
Impact Hub Tbilisi is launching the final stage of the Social Impact Award, an international youth program.
Within the framework of the competition, 111 applications were received this year and an independent jury selected 6 finalist teams. All six of them respond to actual social problems and offer innovative ways to solve them.
The finalist teams will work actively for two months on topics such as marketing, communication, finance, and legal issues, and in addition, together with an individual mentor, they will hold a business model, develop a financial plan and prepare for the final presentation.
At the last stage of the program, 3 winning teams will be identified, which will receive financial support for the implementation of business ideas and will participate in the Social Impact Award international summit.
The finalist projects for 2022 are:
- The youth space in Oni will contribute to the informal education of young people living in Racha and give them new opportunities, through training, meetings and implementation of interesting projects.
- Nebula - an educational platform that, by producing high-quality digital educational resources, helps to inspire the desire to STUDY among young people.
- Convobridge is a text messaging app that uses AI to translate voice messages and sign language into subtitles for the hearing impaired, and an integrated Braille keyboard allows the visually impaired to receive and send messages.
- Flatmate.ge - a platform that makes it easy for young people looking to rent an apartment to connect with each other based on their interests and preferences.
- Propagate Education - an educational consulting platform that helps Georgian students learn about higher education opportunities, both in Georgia and abroad.
- Virtual Story - a hybrid of a book and a computer game, based on various literary masterpieces and audio-visual elements makes the reading process fun and interesting.
The largest student program in the direction of social entrepreneurship is jointly implemented in up to 20 countries and is focused on educating students in the field of social entrepreneurship. The program offers young people an educational course to realize their own business ideas. During the program, students go through the entire process from generating an idea to drawing up a business plan, which gives them the opportunity to actually start a social business.