Business
Posted: 1 month ago

Prometheus Holdings Limited Takes over 95% Stake in Silknet

Silknet’s stakeholder structure has changed.

The 95% stake owned by Silknet Holding, the owner of the communication company, was sold to Malta-incorporated company Prometheus Holding Limited. The remaining 5% stake is owned by Rainstream Holdings Limited.

The total value of the deal is 135.28 million USD. The new owner must pay the sum up to December 31, 2021, under the corresponding GEL exchange rate.

At the end of the first quarter of 2020, Giorgi Ramishvili held a 61.90% stake in Prometheus Holding Limited, Alexi Topuria – 28.58%, and David Franz Borger (Germany) – 9.52%.

As for Rainstream Holdings Limited, the company used to own Silknet through Silknet Holdings. Beneficiary stakeholders used to hold the following stakes: Giorgi Ramishvili – 58.81%, Alexi Topuria – 27.15%, David Franz Borger – 9.04%, and David Mamulashvili – 5%.