The results of the “Tranche 1” of prestigious wine competition International Wine Challenge (IWC) 2018, held in London, were officially announced.
7 wine companies from Georgia won 20 awards, including 1 gold, 8 silver, 6 bronze, 5 ” commended” awards.
The list of awarded wines follows:
- Khikhvi 2016, Makashvili Wine Cellar
- Kisi NV, Makashvili Wine Cellar
- Kakhetian Noble 2014, Badagoni
- Aleksandrouli 2015, Chigogidze Wines
- Dora Saperavi 2016, Askaneli Brothers
- Saperavi Reserve 2010, Badagoni
- Salome 2014, Wine Company Shumi
- Saperavi Grande Reserve Shabo 2014, Shabo
- Alaverdi Tradition 2014, Badagoni
- Kakhetian Noble 2013, Badagoni
- Rkatsiteli 2016, Makashvili Wine Cellar
- Mukuzani 2015, Shilda Winery (Georgian Vine And Wine Company)
- Mtsvane 2015, Wine Company Shumi
- Rkatsiteli Qvevri NV, Askaneli Brothers
The IWC has two separate tastings to accommodate the different production and sales schedules across the industry. Tranche 1 wines were tasted in November and Tranche 2 wines will be tasted in April. There are two medal release dates, with Tranche 1 results announced in December and Tranche 2 in May.
Source: Hvino News