On December 6th, 2017 the Third Official Ceremony of the Welcome to Georgia! National Tourism Awards was held at the Rustaveli Theatre, where traditionally 21 BEST companies among the different nominations were named.
- The Best Boutique Accommodation Award – Boutique Hotel Kabadoni
- The Best Standard Accommodation Award – Iveria Inn
- The Best Deluxe Accommodation Award – Radisson Blu Iveria Tbilisi
- The Best Wellness & Spa Resort Award – Rixos Borjomi
- The Best Mountain Accommodation Award – Quadrumi
- The Best Sea Accommodation Award – Sheraton Batumi
- The Best Low Budget Accommodation Award – Pushkini 10
- The Best Mice Tourism Award – Georgia Events
- The Best Wine Tourism Award – Chateau Mukhrani
- The Best Adventure Tourism Award – Zeta Camping
- The Best Georgian Traditional Restaurant Award – Tsiskvili Group
- The Best Travel Photographer Award – Giorgi Liparteliani
- Concept Café/Restaurant Award – Sirajkhana
- The Best Marketing Campaign Of Tourism Destination Award – Where.Ge
- The Best Specialized Tourism Services Award – Accessible Tourism Center Parsa
- The Best Hotel Of International Chain In Georgia Award – Member Of Acor Group Mercuri Tbilisi Old Town Hotel
- The Fastest Growing Company Of The Year In The Sme Segment Award – Best Western Kutaisi
- The Best Woman Entrepreneur In The Tourism Industry Award – Founder Of Accessible Tourism Center Parsa Tamar Makharashvili
- The Best Festival Or Event Award – Tbilisi Open Air
- The Best Festival Or Event Award – Was Also Awarded To Kolga Tbilisi Festival For Unique Concept, This Festival Managed To Mark Georgia On The Photo Exhibitions’ Map.
The Official Award Ceremony hosted more than 700 guests: first Vice Prime Minister/Minister of Economy and Sustainable Development of Georgia – Dimitry Kumsishvili; Tbilisi Mayor – Kakha Kaladze; Head of Georgian National Tourism Administration – Giorgi Chogovadze; all nominees and project partners; government sector, private business, international and local media.
Award Ceremony was opened by Tbilisi Mayor Kakha kaladze, he noted that Georgia has high potential for raising awareness in tourist destinations and the role of the each company involved in this field is important for tourism development.
Welcomed guests first Vice Prime Minister of Georgia Dimitry Kumsishvili, he spoke about the importance of tourism industry for Georgia’s economy, latest achievements of the field and significance of the project. First Vice Prime Minister awarded – Saba Kiknadze, founder of Caucasus Travel for Contribution to Tourism Development.
Co-Founder of the Award project Maryna Chayka also welcomed and thanked guests, partners and nominees for participation in the Award Project and noted projects contribution in Georgian tourism industry and its’ global aims.
Members of the professional Jury Board also welcomed the guests of the Ceremony and shared experience received as a part of the Project. Member of Jury Board Zurab Pololikashvili welcomed guests by video, he noted the importance of the tourism Industry for country’s development, thanked Award project organizers and emphasized the importance of the project to the companies employed in this field.
320 different companies representing tourism and hospitality market from all over Georgia including hotels, travel agencies, festivals and events, restaurants, cafes, wineries, travel photographers were honorably holding the status of Nominee of Welcome to Georgia! National Tourism Awards 2017. Each nominee was assessed in accordance with internationally recognized methodology by the Professional Jury Board, consisted of experts of international and local travel, culture and hospitality markets, who were separated according to categories depending on the kind of their main professional activity. As the guarantee of fairness and transparency of the Awards Project Independent Auditor “BDO Georgia” monitored all the processes, calculated the results and based on the points awarded to each Nominee determined the finalists and the winners in each nomination.
The main mission of the Welcome to Georgia! National Tourism Awards is to encourage tourism and hospitality industry in Georgia and to promote the awareness of the high-achieving tourism business and brands that create a positive image of the country worldwide.
For the third year already Georgian National Tourism Administration on behalf of Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development of Georgia is Co-organizer of the Award Project. Tbilisi City Hall is Official Supporter; Official Partner of the Award Project – Bank of Georgia. General Sponsor – Alliance Group. Sponsors: Altido; Tbilisi Business Hub; Julius Meinl; Vesta; Ardi; Keune; Sarajishvili; The Department of Tourism and Resorts of Ajara; Dinehall; Vistoria Security; Iteq; Orient Logic; Elements Group; YanAir; UPS; Domson’s Engineering; Gagra Plus; Favorite Style; Profitex; STS Hospitality; Giffer; Megatechnica; Tbilvino; Budget; Lovely Roses; Hotel Partners: City Center; City Avenue; Lopota Spa Resort; Colosseum Marina; Grove Hotel; Coral Boutique Hotel; Divan Suites Batumi; Wyndham Batumi; Chardonnay Boutique Hotel.