5 million foreign visitors arrived in Georgia during eight months of 2017, which is 18.9% more than in 2016. During this period, one million visitors arrived in August.
According to the report published by the National Bank, tourists spent $ 391 million in August, which is 31% more than the same period of previous year. In January and August, the expense of foreign tourists amounts $ 1.86 billion.
The rating of visitor countries are as follows:
- Azerbaijan – 1.14 million visitors, increase by 10%
- Armenia – 1.1 million visitors, increase by 16%
- Russia – 955 thousand visitors, increase by the previous year 34%
- Turkey – 813 thousand visitors, decrease by the previous year 6%
- Iran – 220 thousand visitors, increase by the previous year 141%
- Ukraine – 135 thousand visitors, increase by 15%
- Israel – 84 thousand visitors, increase by 39%
- Saudi Arabia – 46 thousand visitors, increase with previous year 196%
- Kazakhstan – 42 thousand visitors, increase with previous year 16.7%
- Poland – 37 thousand visitors, increase by 20%
According to the National Tourism Administration, by the end of 2016, 1.7 thousand hotels are registered, and the number of beds in these hotels is 57 thousand.
According to regions, Tbilisi is leading, it has 14.8 thousand beds, as for Ajara hotels – 1.6 thousand.