The Delegation of the European Union to Georgia offers paid traineeships to young graduates with a university diploma and less than one year of professional experience.
Paid traineeships are available in the following policy areas:
- Sustainable, inclusive and smart economic growth: trainees focus on the monetary, fiscal, business development, labour, and innovation and digitalisation policies of Georgia by monitoring macroeconomic developments, assisting in the preparation of reports and projects on specific issues, and participating in the outreach activities.
- Global Issues and connectivity: trainees focus on Georgia’s regulatory developments in the areas of gender, public health (including food safety and consumer protection), transportation, energy and environment and participating in the outreach activities.
- Politics, Development and Security: trainees report on political developments in the country in public institutions and in civil society, and research and assist in project management in a broad range of foreign policy, security, human rights, and conflict-related issues.
- Press and Public Diplomacy: trainees help with outreach programs and events, assist with digital communications, conduct in-depth media analysis, help coordinate grant programs, and respond to public inquiries.
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE FOR A REMUNERATED TRAINEESHIP?
You may apply for the traineeship if:
- You are a young graduate with a University diploma (at least Bachelor degree)
- You have less than 1 year of professional experience
- You are a national of an EU Member State, a national of Georgia or a national of a candidate State which has already signed an accession treaty with the European Union
- You have no previous professional experience in any of the EU institutions of more than 6 weeks
- You have a very good command of English language (knowledge of Georgian language is considered an additional asset)
WHAT ARE THE GENERAL RULES?
- Duration: the traineeship can be up to a maximum of six months
- Monthly grant: selected trainees will receive a monthly grant of 500€
- Visa: trainees are responsible for obtaining and covering the cost of necessary visa
- Travel: trainees have to arrange and finance their travel to the EU Delegation in Tbilisi
- Accommodation: the trainee will have to cover the accommodation costs