Process of Operational Readiness and Amalgamation of Tbilisi Airport New Arrival Terminal has been completed.
From today the New Arrival Terminal has started its operation officially. With Departure and Arrival Terminals Tbilisi International Airport will serve 4 000 000 passengers annually.
On September 26, 2017 New Arrival Terminal official opening ceremony was attended by Prime Minister of Georgia – Giorgi Kvirikashvili, TAV Airports Holding President & CEO Sani Şener, Turkish Minister of Transportation, Maritime Affairs and Communication Ahmet Arslan, Minister of Economy and Sustainable Development of Georgia – Giorgi Gakharia, Members of Georgian Government, foreign ambassadors, Management of TAV Georgia and other invited guests.
The Prime Minister of Georgia Giorgi Kvirikashvili expressed gratefulness to TAV Georgia for the outstanding contribution in development of Tbilisi International Airport and Georgian aviation.
TAV Airports President & CEO Sani Şener stated: “Georgia was the first country abroad where TAV Airports started its operations with the experience and know-how acquired. Whilst the number of passengers hosted by Tbilisi Airport, located in the capital city of Georgia was around 600,000 in 2007, this year, we will be providing service to approximately 3 million passengers. In the meantime, TAV has grown rapidly and become a highly-preferred company in airport operation business worldwide with its products and services offered at 76 airports in 17 countries. Today TAV annually provides service to 110 million passengers. So far, TAV has invested in approximately US$180mln in Georgia. We will continue to endeavor toward strengthening the collaboration and good relations between Turkey and Georgia”.
New Arrival Terminal:
- Construction Starting Date – 27 of June, 2016
- First Passengers at New Arrival Terminal –12 of July, 2017
- Construction Ending Date – September, 2017
- Total Area of New Arrival Terminal – 12 000m2
- Total Number Employed for the Construction – 500
- Tbilisi International Airport (with both terminals) will serve 4.000 000 passengers per year.
- TAV Georgia invested USD 33 million in construction of New Arrival Terminal
- New Arrival Terminal has a new boarding bridge with two exits and serves two aircraft simultaneously; the New Arrival terminal has also 4 Bus gates
- 5 baggage carousels in total
- New Arrival Terminal has 5 new aircraft parking positions
- New Car Park with 250 parking positions