On August 14th, 20:00, Sven Marquardt’s exhibition “FOTOGRAFIEN” will open the City Sound project “Blick 2015” in the art gallery “Glasshouse”. Notable works from the photographer will be displayed, and residents or visitors of the seaside Batumi will be able to visit the exhibition. It will end on August 19th. Sven Marquardt himself will attend the exhibition.
As a legend of the clubbing scene and an undisputed part of the techno culture, the exhibition will appropriately lead up to the Electronic Music Days, emphasizing Sven’s field organically.
Sven Marquardt (1962) started his career in photography during the early eighties in East Berlin. After his education as camera assistant and photographer at DEFA (GDR’s public-owned film studio) Marquardt’s first publications appeared in Der Sonntag and Das Magazin.
From 1985 until 1986, Sven Marquardt worked as an assistant for Rudolf Schäfer – an iconic figure in East Germany’s photo scene. Next to his work as fashion photographer for Sibylle, Marquardt portrayed the artists of the fashion spectacle Allerleirauh (1987–1989) as well as exceptional black and white photographies of East Berlin’s Prenzlauer Berg scene.
After the Wall came down, he immersed into the burgeoning club scene of a unified Berlin and processed his impressions in his exhibitions, with “staged photography” for Levi’s during Berlin’s Fashion Week and time and time again through fashion shootings for magazines like Qvest and Front.
Since 2007 Sven Marquardt significantly co-defined the image of Berghain’s OstGut Ton record label.
- 2007 13 Monde (13 Moons) at Berghain in cooperation with Viron Erol Vert || Berlin, Germany
- 2006 – 2008 Erzengel (Archangel)
- Gefallen (Fallen)
- Shame on you
- In cooperation with Buttenheim c/o Levi`s for the Flagshipstore Germany || Berlin, Germany
- 2011 Portraits at Gallery Pixel Grain || Berlin & Kunstforum || Halle, Germany
- 2012 zukünftig vergangen – future`s past at Melkweg || Amsterdam, Netherlands
- 2012 Rudel – Bouncer Portraits at Panorama Bar / Stairway || Berlin, Germany
- 2013 Portraits at 2:35.1 Gallery, Berns Hotel || Stockholm, Sweden
- 2013 Rudel II – Musician Portraits at Panorama Bar / Stairway || Berlin, Germany
- 2013 Marquardt-Photographies at Hive Club || Zurich, Switzerland
- 2013 Sven Marquardt at Erdmann Contemporary || Aarau, Switzerland
- 2013 Photographies at The Block || Tel Aviv, Israel (in cooperation with Goethe Institut and the
- festival Berlin Dayz)
- 2014 Sven Marquardt at Geothe Institut || Lyon, France
- 2014 Götterdämmerung at Palazzo Saluzzo Paesana || Turin, Italy
- 2015 Warm x Perestroika || São Paulo, Brasil
- 2015 Wild verschlossen || Leipzig, Germany
- 2015 Marquardt || Potsdam, Germany
- 2008 Merry Karnowsky Gallery || Berlin, Germany
- 2009 Allerheiligen (All Hallows) at Stadtbad || Leipzig, Germany
- 2011 …off the beaten tracks at Neonchocolate Gallery || Berlin, Germany
- 2012 Brüder (Brothers) at Mühlenhaupt Museum || bei Berlin, Germany
- 2012 Genius loci at Palazzo Saluzzo Paesana || Turin, Italy
- 2012 Geschlossene Gesellschaft – Shuttered Society at Berlinische Galerie || Berlin, Germany
- 2015 Sven Marquardt, Viron E Vert || Milan, Italy
- 2015 Zeitgeist Berlin at CCBB || Belo Horizonte, Brasil
- 2010 zukünftig vergangen, Fotografien 1984–2009 published by Mitteldeutscher Verlag
- (future`s past, Photographs 1984-2009 published by Mitteldeutscher Verlag)
- 2011 Heiland published by Mitteldeutscher Verlag
- 2012 zukünftig vergangen | future’s past – fotografien | photographs 1984–2012
- published by Mitteldeutscher Verlag