Georgian and Turkish national airlines are leaders on Georgian aviation market in terms of passenger turnover.
According to January-June indicators, Georgian Airways and Turkish Airlines hold 12%-12% ratios on the market. According to Civil Aviation Agency, in January-June Georgian Airways handled 247 485 passengers, while Turkish Airlines transported 246 021 passengers. Georgian Airways is leader in terms of quantitative indicators.
Turkish Airlines’ market ratio has not changed and it remains 12%, while Georgian Airways has increased its ratio by 3% over the past year.
According to the January-June 2017 indicators, Georgian Airways’ ratio was 9% in total passenger turnover. According to the January-June 2018 report, Wizz Air Hungary ranks second in terms of transported passengers (223 364 passengers) and the airline holds 11% market ratio.
In January-June 2017 Georgian Airways and Ukraine International Airlines (FlyUIA) held 9%-9% ratio in term of passenger turnover. Currently, Fly Dubai, FlyUIA and Russian Ural Airlines rank third in terms of passenger turnover with 5% market ratio each.
According to the statistics, in January-June 2018 Fly Dubai increased its ratio by 1%, while FlyUIA’s ratio declined by 4% and Ural Airlines improved its indicator by 2%. According to the January-June 2018 indicator, Russian Aeroflot and S7Airlines hold 4%-4% on Georgian aviation market.
As for the statistical indicators, in January-July 2018 Pobeda Airlines and Pegasus Airlines hold 3%-3% in number of passengers transported by regular flights, Zagros Airlines, Qatar Airways, EL AL Israle Airlines, Air Arabia, Azerbaijan Airlines, Qeshm Airlines, Belavia, Air Astana, LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa, ATA Airlines, ISRAIR-ი, YANAIR hold 2%-2%, while Air Baltic, Aegean Airlines, Air Cairo, China Southern Airlines, Kish Airlines, Atlasglobal ანდ Nordavia hold 1%-1%.
13% of Georgian aviation market is controlled by Georgian Airways and the remaining 87% are shared by foreign airlines, while in January-June 2017 foreign airlines occupied 91% market ratio.
We remind you that in January-June 2018 passenger turnover rose by 31%.