Home / Economy / Tsotne Kavlashvili: Larization of Loans Rises by 8%

Tsotne Kavlashvili: Larization of Loans Rises by 8%

Deputy Finance Minister Tsotne Kavlashvili has appraised government reforms for Larization as successful. This is important issue for our population, because Larization makes them less dependent on currency exchange volatility, he said.

“In January 2017, when we started Larization program, ratio of GEL-denominated loans in total loan portfolio was under 35%. In January-August period this indicator rose by 8% and totaled 43%. This is a very important success”, the Deputy Finance Minister said.

The following decision have preconditioned a success of the Larization program: loans Larization program; maintaining investment resources in business s part of profits tax reformation; reforms regarding supply of liquidity implemented by Treasury Service and so on.