Poti Seaport has registered a 15.1% upturn in container shipping in January-March 2018, as compared to the same period of 2017.
According to APM Terminals Poti, 82 039 TEU containers were handled at Poti Seaport in 2018, up from 71 299 TEU year on year. Ratio of refrigerator-containers in total number of containers handled in 2018 accounts for 13.1%. This segment mainly includes imports of meat, fruit and confectioneries.
Ratio of imports in total cargo turnover is 37.1% and exports – 20.15%, while 40.8% are transit cargoes. A majority oფ cargoes go to Azerbaijan, Armenia and Central Asia countries.
Number of ceased operations has declined by 53% in January-March 2018. APM Terminals Poti has carried out many important projects for strengthening Georgia’s major seaport and for providing better services.
1) Svitzer company has started implementing towage services at Poti Seaport in 2018. This company is specialized in towage services and is famous for its professional, efficient, international-standard shipping operations.
2) Two more powerful and maneuvered tow-boats SIMSON and PORTGARTH were added to Poti Seaport.
3) Captains of tow-boats and representatives of marine pilot services will be trained in ASD type towage maneuvering by use of simulators in Swedish town of Gotenburg.
4) all members of the crew are trained.
5) Poti Seaport has bought international standard marine pilot motorboat.
All these activities were carried out in cooperation with the seaport captain, Maritime Transport Agency and LLC Poti Pilot.
Poti Seaport comprises 15 berths, where all categories of cargoes are handled. Total length of berths is 2900 meters, where more than 20 cranes are located.
APM Terminals has invested more than 80 million USD in developing the seaport infrastructure, railway and motorway and sin renovation of services.