Sakaeronavigatsia Ltd, Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development of Georgia,introduced free routes in the Georgian airspace for the first time.
The concept of free routes implies the flight from the entry point to the point of direct trajectory, published in the Georgian Airborne Compilation (AIP).
Introduction of free routes in Georgia and throughout Europe:
• Increase the bandwidth of the airspace and reduce the number of delayed flights;
• Saves navigation fees for users of airspace;
• Enabling airlines to select the shortest route and save fuel;
• 10% reduces the harmful impact of air traffic on the environment;
• Enhances flight safety levels in accordance with future challenges.