Interview with Nika Kamushadze, Head of Marketing and Public Relations Department of National Agency of State Property.
– Which PR agencies inspire you?
– From global PR agencies, American PR companies are role models that work with famous brand in the world. Especially, agency Edelman that was elected by Holmes at 2016 Global Agency of the Year. It’s notable their experience gained during 60 years, and creative, which promotes, defends and creates reputation of a giant brand. Edelman’s trust barometer is always marked by high rates, which gives them the advantage over the background of great competition.
– What kind of media outlets do you follow-up on daily basis?
– I divide necessary information based on priorities, which is primarily business according to the business of my organization. Then I identify active media outlets in this direction and become active user of their communication channels. I also use the software for media monitoring, but often information runs late and I don’t advice anyone to trust just that. In the process of selecting media outlets I pay attention how operative they are, as it’s very important in my career.
– What is the difference between advertising and PR?
– It’s good that we mention difference, as a lot of business in Georgia think it’s the same. PR is a part of strategic communication process, which has to create bilateral, lucrative relations between organization and customer. PR is especially important when communicating with your audience and send them messages. While, we pay for advertisement, PR can be done for free. I use the ways like: press release, press conferences, briefings, etc. However, when you pay for advertisement you can control the content, costumer engagement and evaluate the process by marketing metric. The difference is also in awareness, customer knows that we have spent money on advertising and we try to sell product/service to them. As for PR, information might be spread through third party and have more affection.
– Which media placement of yours makes you proud during your career?
– Pride is a bit exaggerated saying, but there were successes in this direction, which expressed in specific figures/results.
In 2016, successful tourist season and increased tourism trend was an inspiration to create a product which was meant for investors to provide the state property of various characteristics throughout the country for the construction of hotel-infrastructure. I think we worked together with the team to create an effective communication plan where the main focus was made on PR. It hasn’t even been one year since the product lunched but we already waiting for dozen of million GEL investment.
– How do you integrate PR and social media?
– I don’t know any journalist who is not registered on social network, accordingly, I post information on Facebook or Twitter and if content is good they will definitely share it. It works well to share social projects and exclusive information on social network based on our organization.
– How would you evaluate your results?
– I try to synchronize my work with the aims of organization, I plan strategy with my team accordingly. I always measure efficiency by marketing metrics, where you can analyze results based on figures. Results are various, although I am capable to evaluate situation adequately.
I think, the one who has a better creative can achieve specific advantage, so that I’m trying to be active in this direction, unfortunately my time resource is constrained. I think, I need time management trainings one more time.
– What will be your move if a client disagrees your PR strategy?
– I focus on statistics and other measurable indicators when working on PR strategy. Analysis and PR campaign is created easily this way. In case a client disagree, I will consider that PR strategy doesn’t match to organization strategic goals and tasks.
– How do you define thought leadership?
– Specific advantage is defining market needs sooner than others. This is the best way to fulfill business tasks easily.
– What is most important in PR field, what would you change?
– The most interesting part for me is to lead organization image, as brand has to be more than logo, motto and corporate colors. It’s important to create a reputation that associates with trust and positive expectations, which is an opportunity to increase sales.