JSC “Georgian Energy Development Fund”, together with the Ministry of Energy, Culture and Monument Protection, takes part in the rehabilitation project of the Hydropower Plant in Borjomi Municipality Mineral Water Park.
After granting the status of the Industrial Cultural Heritage Monument to the project, the issue of restoration was put on the agenda.
Borjomi Hydropower Plant was the first hydro power plant in Georgia, started in 1898. The hydro power plant was equipped with two pelton turbines, with a total 103 kW installed capacity. Historical Hydropower Station stopped power generation in 1950.