Nino Khurodze who is marketing and sales director for WorldClass international fitness brand talked with Caucasus Business Week about her incredible working experience at several Georgian companies.
She has launched many successful projects and was part of various influential teams.
– Who are you by profession?
– I am a marketing specialist.
– Your first job place.
– I started my first job at LIVO Group, the network of Latvian supermarkets, on the position of a junior manager in the marketing department.
– Current job and position.
– Marketing and sales director for WorldClass international fitness brand.
– Your first success
– The first success is related to my second and very interesting job, when I was implementing my first independent project jointly with Giorgi Popiashvili and Irakli Topuria. Namely, we were creating PayBox brand. This project successfully operates even today. It is interesting that the customers have perceived this innovation in the way that we aspired for many years ago – today customers name terminals of various brands as PayBox.
– Project, business that you take pride in even today.
– I could name several ones, but I would make emphasis on the working period at Imedi L international insurance company, where, jointly with incomparable and excellent team, we developed new insurance products and projects that maintain the title of best products even today.
– Field where you would never work.
– I think in hopeless situations all of us must take efforts in any field. I am happy that I did not have similar situation and today I have been making my favorite affairs.
– What factors make a person successful in your field? Besides knowledge, what special characteristics are required?
– Jointly with professionalism and hardworking, it is also very important to love this affair. Nothing will work without emotional contact. Creative capacity, interpersonal skills and inner culture, which cannot be taught, and taste – these factors are decisive in our field.
– Is it possible today in Georgia to study PR very well, or international knowledge and experience are necessary?
– Nothing is impossible. We have many interesting specialists in Georgia with domestic and international experience. I believe desire, talent and fortune are necessary.
– How simply can you settle crisis situations and take decisions? Do you think similar cases affect the quality of working process?
– I learned crisis management when working at Liberty Bank, where similar situations were met in an ordinary everyday regime. In similar situations the main thing is to remain calm and care for quality of performed job.
– Interesting episode that has changed your life.
– In general, my business life significantly changed when working with Lado Gurgenidze. Initially, this was a major challenge, but the later experience has changed many thing in my person.
– If not this profession, which field would you take efforts in?
– I would work in the graphic design field with much pleasure. I think designers are the most interesting people. I am happy and proud that my friends are talented and successful art directors, who have been working on domestic and international markets and have deserved recognition. In practice, they are ambassadors of our country. I would share their talent and work in this field with pleasure.
– What about your strong personal features?
– I have acquired much experience and this experience enabled me to work on my personal strong and weak features. I think this experience is one of my strong characteristics. Therefore, I always show much interest towards new affairs and challenges.
– What factors make major discomfort in working process?
– Lack of professionals in some fields creates major discomfort, as well as permanent delays in deadlines for working processes.
– Where do you see yourself after 20 years?
– After 20 years I would love to take a long-term vacation on Maldives Islands.