Home / Banking / Payment Card Operations in 2017 Totaled 19 billion GEL
card

Payment Card Operations in 2017 Totaled 19 billion GEL

In 2017 payment card transactions made up 19 billion GEL, up 24% since year, the National Bank’s report for 2017 reads.

A total of 179 million payment card operations were performed in 2017, up 32% over the previous year. The share of domestically performed operations was 93%, while the remaining 7% (330 million GEL) were fulfilled abroad.

The number of transactions made by Georgian cards at trade outlets has been growing. The ratio has risen to 66%, while the number of cash withdrawal operations was 34%.

According to the December 2017 indicators, payment card transactions in Georgia were performed by 2,281 ATMs, 32,456 POS terminals and 1,446 terminals at bank branches and services centers. The number of POS terminals has increased by 13%, and the number of ATM has risen by 2%.