Home / 2015 / March / 23

Daily Archives: March 23, 2015

Georgian Wine Exports to Russia still Stalled

wine_bottles_1

Georgian wine exports to Russia are still pending. In 2015 “Tbilvino ” has not exported a single bottle of wine  to Russia. “Commersant” was told by George Margvelashvili,  Director of the company. Margvelashvili expected the situation would change in March  and still hopes that supplies will be restored in April. …

Read More »

Trump Tower Architect not to Launch New Projects in Georgia

img130_029_summer

Trump Tower  architect says  at this stage the prospect of launching a new project in Georgia  is very small. John Fotiadis planned to come in Georgia in the spring of the current year to start new projects. However, in a letter  sent to “Commersant” Fotiadis writes that  his  company’s representative …

Read More »

In January-February, Exports Decreased by 26%

Freight Business

In January-February2015, Georgia’s foreign trade turnover (excluding non-organized trade) amounted to  $ 1 433 million, which is 9 percent less than in the previous year; from here exports totaled $ 324 million (26 percent decline)  and imports-  $ 1 109 million (2 percent decline). According to data provided by the …

Read More »

Interview with a business consulting firm MBConś founder Lasha Antadze

Lasha Antadze_Mbcons

MBConś is a Georgia-based market research and business consultancy firm, with offices operating in Tbilisi and Batumi. The company assists its clients with evaluating the local market for a business endeavor to be successful in Georgia. MBConś is the official member of Georgian Farmers Association and a partner of Agricultural Project …

Read More »

Monthly Food Basket For No More Than 160 Laris?

Food Prices

According to GeoStat, one can get by for 160 GEL in Georgia, out of which 70% constitutes food needs and the remaining 30% should cover other daily necessities    National Agency of Statistics Geostat reports that the minimum living wage in Georgia has been lowered by 0,2 GEL since January, to comprise 160 …

Read More »

Book Prices Rose in Georgia

books

With the start of 2015 b0ok prices in the country have increased significantly. As suggested by publishers and book store owners in Georgia, the national currency’s devaluation is the main culprit behind the drastic price hike. Marian Tsamalashvili, representative of the publishing house Biblus, notes that prices for old books …

Read More »

National Communications Commission – the Wealthiest State Body

salary_cost_growth_increase_1

The Georgian National Communications Commission (GNCC) is the wealthiest state body in Georgia, the Young Barristers nonprofit organization asserts that has published a report on monitoring of the GNCC activities. According to the report, GNCC is Georgia’s wealthiest state body that is not financed from the state budget, but it …

Read More »

MFO’s Plan to Hike Loan Interest Rates by 2-3%

dollar

MFO’s do not rule out the increase in interest rates due to the lari’s depreciation. Malkhaz Dzadzua, Director General of the MFO Crystal, says when the national currency against the dollar depreciates, the company is forced either  to increase interest rates or restrict  loans issued in the lari. Crystal did …

Read More »