Home / 2015 / February / 03

Daily Archives: February 3, 2015

Georgian beer producers ask for a meeting with PM

cqzb5ojvsmz7o1l

In protest against the increase in excise duties on beer, Georgian breweries launched a campaign “Do not make my beer more expensive.” Representatives of the company “Natakhtari”, “Zedazeni” and “Castel- Georgia” discuss problems caused by an increase in the excise tax on beer. According to them, a 50% increase in excise …

Read More »

SOCAR increases gas tariff for Georgia’s commercial consumers

socar_logo_new_200914

Socar Georgia Gas company increases the cost of natural gas for commercial consumers of Georgia, the company said on Feb. 3. “There was a need to adjust the price of natural gas for consumers of Georgia’s private sector given the volume of natural gas imports and changes in the national …

Read More »

Georgia’s monthly inflation rate in January amounts to 0.2 %

inflation

Georgia’s monthly inflation rate in January 2015 amounts to 0.2 percent, revealed the latest data from the National Statistics Office of Georgia (Geostat). In the reporting period the inflation rate is formatted following the price changes of alcohol, cigarettes, vegetables and other basic needs.

Read More »

Moody’s reviews Georgia’s macroeconomic indices

moodys

Georgian Finance Minister Nodar Khaduri met with Moody’s representatives. Khaduri briefed the guests on macroeconomic indices, main directions of economic policy and investment sphere in the country, the Georgian finance ministry told Trend Feb. 2. The sides discussed the future fiscal policy for the medium term, the budget-2015, tax policy, …

Read More »

From Denmark to China, currency pegs around the world in focus

022-13-Hardy2_SlavikBBB

Hellerup, 3 February, 2015 By John J. Hardy After the January 15 currency earthquake, when the Swiss National Bank suddenly walked away from the franc ceiling, currency pegs around the world have come into focus. In Europe, the effort has been on finding parallels with the Swiss franc, with two …

Read More »

Georgian wine on show at French exhibitions

138_364_398139_DSCF0215

Georgian companies have been exhibiting their product at the Les Penitentes and La Divre Boutteile exhibitions in France to raise awareness of Georgian wine, diversify export markets and attract more customers. The first exhibition was Les Penitentes, held in the city Angers where five Georgian wine companies took part. Only …

Read More »

Monthly Minimum Subsistence Level in Georgia Decreased

mlarge_f9334580

In December 2014 consumer prices increased by 2% compared to December 2013. The National Statistics Service (Sakstat ) has updated the consumer basket on February 2. The consumer basket is used to calculate the inflation rate in the country and at the same time, the consumer price index is involved …

Read More »

Why Investors do not Show Interest in Regions of Georgia?

2216921-leadership-concept-on-white-background-isolated-3d-image

The turnover of the business sector in Georgia is growing from year to year, but Tbilisi accounts for 70% of all investments, and the regions – only the remaining 30% . According to the Statistics Service, in the 3rd quarter of 2014, even the most successful region of Adjara accounts …

Read More »